Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sikh U.S. Army captain allowed to wear beard, turban in uniform
(04-07-2016, 04:56 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I know I couldn't do it. I may wear a beard, but I like it neat and tidy. Too much hair on my head and I get too hot.

As far as the topic goes.  I have no problem with people practicing what ever religion they choose or sexual orientation they prefer, or even what their sex is.  They can either perform the job or they can't.  One standard and the Uniform is part of that IMO.  Again I readily admit I don't understand why it is so important for some to adhere to their grooming standards of their religion as to those of the military.  I'm also aware that some might find the military's grooming standards to be absurd.  Hell I bucked the system when I was in and wore my hair longer than I should have, until a chief told me I wasn't leaving the ship (we were pier side) until my hair was regulation...I buzzed it boot camp clean.  Point being at the time is that I would've preferred drinking beer and chasing girls rather than take a stance on my hair.  I just find it weird where people "draw the line" as to what is important to them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sikh U.S. Army captain allowed to wear beard, turban in uniform - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 04-08-2016, 02:32 AM