Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote
(06-23-2015, 07:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What are you talking about?  

I showed that non religious lost over half of their people who became religious as they got older.  

Plus the dips in the "losing their religion" groups can directly relate to age.   On another chart is shows as people get older they get more religious.  

Where did you think I misread the data?

You said that Atheists dropped 50% when someone linked the study. According to their link, they increased by 100%.

Also, According to the graphic you supplied, "unaffiliated" had a net increase of 147%. It's almost like you ignored the "entered group" column and the subsequent columns that then showed the net result.

It should also be noted that 18% of Americans went from a religion to no religion while only 4.3% of Americans went from no religion to a religion.

I would say that you either misread that or are attempting to be dishonest in your assessment by ignoring the huge gains made by unaffiliated that greatly offset the losses.

You also misread the generational difference as "going to religion when you get older". The reality is newer generations are less likely to grow up in a religion and less likely to identify with one. In fact, it even says "people in older generations are increasingly disavowing association with organized religion".

So...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote - BmorePat87 - 06-23-2015, 08:12 PM