Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bengals Ownership Growing Impatient with Marvin Lewis
(04-07-2016, 03:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: Give em 15 years at one spot.... Ninja

I don't think it's even remotely possible to compare Marvin to anyone when you take into account that he's had 13 years in one place and a pretty desirable amount of QB stability, to boot. 2015 was an interesting year when you looked at the QB rankings and realized Marvin Lewis had to be the only coach who had 2 of the Top 3 or so of 2015's QBs for over a decade with absolutely nothing to show for it.

(04-07-2016, 05:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote:  Jay picked Andy Dalton.

Excellent point that can never be forgotten.  Our "GM" with a lifetime of NFL experience wanted Malllllettt or Krapernick to lead us out of the ditch and some rookie OC arena league guy had to talk him and Marvin "totally a GM" Lewis into taking Dalton and saving this franchise.  Even if you don't think Jay Gruden was much of an OC or  HC in the NFL you can't deny he made one of the best pseudo-GM moves this franchise ever saw.  I stand by that.

(04-08-2016, 10:48 AM)jj22 Wrote: Both Zimmer and Gruden had their teams far more prepared, competent, and poised in their playoff losses then Marvin EVER has. It's a couple years too late for Mike Brown. He's made the same mistake his father made (not going with Walsh). Funny how that tends to happen. Hue not sure of because it's Cleveland, but if it wasn't Cleveland, my money would be on any of the three of them taking less than 13 years to win a playoff game.

I really have to wonder what the Marvin supporters would say about the Vikings, 'DC Squad, and the Browns if it is 2029 or so and they all still have the same HC and 0 playoff wins to show for it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Ownership Growing Impatient with Marvin Lewis - Nately120 - 04-08-2016, 01:01 PM