Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
On The Play That Hill Fumbled......
(04-08-2016, 12:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He had lost one fumble since week 2, so he still had a very low risk of fumbling... I think they liked Gio style in that situation.. he tends to carry with both hands over the ball more often than Hill.. but to act like Hill was a fumble risk does not bare out in the stats.    He lost a total of 3 fumbles in the regular season... He had 238 rushes and receptions.  So he lost 3 out of 238 touches going into the playoffs.  He actually had around a 99 percent odds of not losing the fumble.   I think those were very good odds

I disagree with your analysis, even though the numbers are not that far off.  Lets take a moment to include all the rushing fumbles in his 2 year career.  He's fumbled 8 times in 445 career carries.  For a fumble rate of 1.75%.  So he has about a 98.25% chance of not fumbling.  As I said, your "numbers" are pretty darn close.  But when we put those numbers into context, the picture isn't pretty.

The only running backs that are fumbling at a rate higher than Hill's 1.75% are Ryan Matthews (3.77%), Ameer Abdullah (2.80%), Matt Jones (2.78%), Melvin Gordan (2.72) and James Starks (2.04%) - three rookies and two backups. 
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/1/18/10780184/Could-Jeremy-Hill-be-fumbling-away-his-place-in-nfl

To further put that into perspective, the NFL average fumble rate is 0.82%.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: On The Play That Hill Fumbled...... - Shepdawg - 04-08-2016, 10:21 PM