Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bengals Ownership Growing Impatient with Marvin Lewis
(04-09-2016, 12:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Obviously I don't totally agree, but I respect your opinion. I think this last reboot is the one he deserves the most credit for, but even then, I think a lot of people give too much credit to Marv and not enough to those around him. Tobin deserves a lot of praise for finding gems like Atkins, MJ, Iloka and Marv Jones in later rounds. 

And as I pointed out, I think the Bengals started drafting better before Marv arrived. I just don't think the turnaround should be 100% credited to Marv. Think about this: we hired Duke Tobin in 1999. By 2003, we really started seeing the benefits of his first few drafts.

For one thing Marvin had to get Mikey B to change his ways. I assure you that did not happen over night.

Remember, Mikey over ruled Bruce Coslet and rejected New Orleans trade offer for Ricky Williams so he could draft one year wonder Akili Smith. That was less than four years before the Bengals hired Marvin Lewis.

Mikey had a long, long history of bad, bad football decisions from drafts to free agency to player relations to grading his coaches, and he behaved more like someone who buries their head in the sand and hopes for best when facing a hurricane.

I'm impressed that Marv got him to change at all. No one did before him.

All of that said, I've grown impatient.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Ownership Growing Impatient with Marvin Lewis - BengalChris - 04-11-2016, 02:30 AM