Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of fracking.....economic impact to United States
(04-11-2016, 06:20 PM)Benton Wrote: I don't know how much the feds should be involved. Ideally, we'd stop subsidizing oil companies and more job training would be available at lower costs.

But these workers may benefit from WARN. Depends some on the state. More liberal states tend to have more displaced worker assistance available (job training, bring in recruiters from other areas, etc). Given the states mostly fracking, the workers probably won't be given a lot of guidance.

Just a guess, but I'd say returns. You can get paid to drill oil and sell it for a lot of money. It requires capital, but a lot of the capital is already invested. You've already got machinery and technology for it. On the flip side, you'd have considerably more capital trying to make solar or wind profitable.

Should we be investing? Yes. If someone told you there was a chance to make $100 by investing $80, or to make $100 by investing $10, you'd probably go with option B. Sure, Option B will be gone eventually, but by then you've already made your money.

I think they have enough money where they could have both options.

Messages In This Thread
RE: End of fracking.....economic impact to United States - Yojimbo - 04-11-2016, 06:53 PM