Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bengals Ownership Growing Impatient with Marvin Lewis
(04-11-2016, 11:38 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The year Palmer left we more than doubled our win total (4 to 9)

In the five years since Palmer left we have won 42% more games than the 5 years before he left (52 to 33)

Since Palmer left he has gone 37-25 as a starter (.597%) while Dalton has won .656% of his starts (50-26-1)

Let's live in the now.  Palmer was 13-3 this year, got a 1st round bye, won a playoff game, AND got the chance to meltdown in the conference championship game.  Let's just face the fact that Marvin Lewis got to spend his entire HC career (minus the Kitna development year) with 2 of the better QBs to play in the NFL for a decade or so and he got neither jack nor crap out of them.

I'm not saying Palmer is better than Dalton so much as I'm saying that this guy who "made us better by leaving" just made a different NFL team better than the 2015 Bengals by being there.  Dalton and Palmer both looked great this year, and that just makes me bend that to my agenda of thinking Marvin Lewis severely underachieves.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Ownership Growing Impatient with Marvin Lewis - Nately120 - 04-12-2016, 01:43 AM