Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bengals Ownership Growing Impatient with Marvin Lewis
(04-12-2016, 12:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So Carson did not even "flirt with relevance" in '06 when he finished 2nd in tds, 5th in yards, and 6th in passer rating, but he was amazing in '15 when he finished 2nd in tds, 4th in yards, and 3rd in passer rating?

And of course Carson was "flirting with relevance" when he had the great offensive minded Hue Jackson as a head coach throwing 13 tds and 16 interceptions while going 4-5 as a starter. Rolleyes

No bias there at all, right?

I'm talking about the teams flirting with relevance as in making the playoffs...you know, the only thing that truly matters to supporters of Marvin Lewis?  Regardless of Carson's stats, if the Raiders make one 99.5 yard TD drive stop then the Raiders make the playoffs and probably go one-n-done, and if the Raiders are like the Bengals I guess they call that season a resounding success.

Carson's ghastly statline in Oakland in 2011 includes a 3 INT game where he wasn't even supposed to play and knew nothing of the playbook, and a 29th ranked Chuckie B defense.  His performances mostly looked better than his stats, ala Dalton in 2014.  Anyways, we've discussed Carson to death here, so I'll just offer to agree to disagree.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Ownership Growing Impatient with Marvin Lewis - Nately120 - 04-12-2016, 02:44 PM