Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marvin Lewis and Bengals agree on contract extension
(04-12-2016, 10:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 1. SB,
2. SB x2
3. SB Appearance x4
4. Playoffs? PLAYOFFS!? 2nd worst postseason coach in NFL history, known mostly for that quote now.
5. SB, SB Appearance
6. Really? Dude had 5 winning seasons and you put him on this list?

Fact is, 3 of the 6 you listed won a SB, and another went to 4 of them. Marvin can't even win a single playoff game.

Still has a better winning percentage than all of those coaches so you can argue playoff success and i can counter with regular season success.. neither is totally right or totally wrong.. the point is less that he is not as successful as other coaches in post season.. . there have been coaches successful in playoffs and not so successful over time in regular season.. does not mean they are a outstanding coach. say since you can;t win in the playoffs you are a horrible coach is just too narrow of judgement.. 

I have little doubt if Marvin had stepped away from coaching the Bengals this past season.. he would have been offered a head coaching job by a few other teams.. because he has had success and has shown he can turn a franchise around and put them on a winning path.

My point which if you look at the posts that were acting like Marvin was a bad coach has very little merit... A career is measured more than just how you do in the playoffs.. it is also measured on how you do in the regular season and being able to make the playoffs.  Bad coaches are not bad in playoffs since they tend to not even get there.. bad coaches are bad in the regular season..Marvins history and track record in regular season does not make him a bad coach.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Lewis and Bengals agree on contract extension - Essex Johnson - 04-13-2016, 12:56 AM