Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Jeremy Hill being a crybaby on Twitter
(04-13-2016, 10:07 AM)Au165 Wrote: You know how often pro athletes and those "investments" fail and they lose their ass? There is a reason 16% of NFL players file for bankruptcy within 12 years of retirement. All of them are told to make outside investments and plenty of those fail. Let's not act like it is as easy as "just" starting up a side business.

The whole already failed comment is kind of funny when you think about it. I guess it is all in perspective, but the guy is one of the 32 best at his profession in the entire world. I don't know about you, but I'm not one of the 32 best in the world at what I do. I would take needing some help and advice in the financial part of my life to be one of the 32 best at my profession.

The reason the bulk of those investments fail is because they are not smart investments to begin with.  If you're smart with your money, and don't trust your cousin Ted to be your Financial Manager, the money can last a very long time.  As others have pointed out, they do also go to college.  There are plenty of athletes who complete their education either while they are playing, or go back to school after the career is over (I think they can actually go complete their degree for free in most cases).  There are plenty of ways to set yourself up for life after football.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeremy Hill being a crybaby on Twitter - OrlandoBengal - 04-13-2016, 12:12 PM