Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Bets Should I Put On The Bengals?
I'll give some free advice to people in a gambling thread....

Don't gamble if you let your homerism/hater glasses get in the way of making good bets.

Don't bet on Jeremy Hill if you're one of the "omg Hill is going to rush for 3,000 yards this year!" guys.

Don't bet on the Bengals winning the Super Bowl if you're one of the "this is our year!!!! (every single year)" type of guys.

Don't bet props on random bottom of the roster players if you're one of the "This LB from South Eastern Transylvania Technical Institute is really going to break out this season!!!" guys.

Don't bet on other teams over/under wins if you too emotionally invested in said team. Ex: If you're a guy that hates the Steelers way too much, never bet on the Steelers games.

Don't bet on the Bengals losing 10 games if you're a Marvin/Andy hater and can't get over the fact that they've both had their share of success.

This doesn't mean to not have some fun and throw some money around when you feel like it on your favorite player, but don't always expect to win those types of bets. I'm just saying, most of the guys I know that usually end the season up the most money are those that aren't too emotionally invested in their team and can set aside any of their personal feelings to make smart moves. Betting on sports has SO much luck involved, and absolutely nothing is in your control except for trying to minimize dumb bets.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Bets Should I Put On The Bengals? - djs7685 - 06-24-2015, 09:19 AM