Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marvin Lewis and Bengals agree on contract extension
(04-13-2016, 02:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nope, yours is totally wrong. The goal in the NFL is and always will be a Super Bowl. Nobody lifts up a trophy for doing well in the regular season and then flopping in the postseason time and time again.

Postseason results will always trump regular season results.

Tom Coughlin won a Super bowl with a 9 win team. Nobody says "sure wish I could be the Bengals with 12 regular season wins and then yet another first round loss instead" ...or... "sure wish I could be the Panthers losing the Super bowl with a 15 win team instead".

Do you think the Broncos would trade their SB win to the Panthers if they could trade their regular season win totals? Of course not.

Regular season wins are nice when you are a lousy and/or rebuilding team.  Making the playoffs in 2011 and 2012 was just swell in itself, but we've moved beyond that and now it is time to stop comparing ourselves to the Browns, or the Bengals of the 90s, or the 2010 Bengals, or the Raiders, Buccaneers, Bills etc. 

We are making the playoffs with the regularity seen by the Patriots, Packers, Seahawks etc, but we aren't winning like them. Honestly, I thought we'd play the Jets in Cincy this year and Shitzpatrick would meltdown and we'd finally win a playoff game by default, but he decided to meltdown the week before and let the Steelers in so we could meltdown against them. Meh.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Lewis and Bengals agree on contract extension - Nately120 - 04-13-2016, 02:26 PM