Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Jeremy Hill being a crybaby on Twitter
(04-13-2016, 01:58 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: NFL base salary increases $15,000 a year for each year played. Rookie base is 450,000. League states average career is 6 years, NFLPA states it is 3 years. Let's assume it around 4 years. So that would be around 2.25 million for 4 years of work. The average salary for a college grad is around $50,000 a year. It would take 45 years of work to equal an NFL player's worth. If an NFL player can't make 2.25 million last, even if he does nothing else as a career, for 45 years.... That is on him. I hate when pro athletes complain about money. Try living in the real world.

Lifestyles are so completely different. First, if you had 2.5 million dollars would you be able to make it last 45 years? highly doubtful. You would want a nice house, car, suit, etc. I mean you earned it. 

Could you handle someone always "barking" at you when you're just trying to maintain? Can't go to store without being haggled, club without being pushed, and misc people wanting a piece of that money (lawsuits, etc).  This twitter beef is a prime example. They almost literally have 0 personal life. I couldn't handle that at all.

My issue like others here has stated is that why does he have to be done after football is over as far as earnings perspective goes? I bet you can probably live off being a spokesperson, announcer, beat writer type thing, etc. And they usually do quite well. Sure it's not NFL money, but you can live off 100k or so a year, especially since most of your stuff is likely already paid for. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeremy Hill being a crybaby on Twitter - Hoofhearted - 04-13-2016, 02:54 PM