Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Jeremy Hill being a crybaby on Twitter
(04-13-2016, 01:49 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I completely agree on the "close" family members.  I brought up the "$10k per month" because it was part of a conversation I had with my friend on Sunday.  He said the one particular player has made almost $11 million in his career, but has less than $2 million in the bank and very little to show for it.  That the guy has girlfriends, cousins, and everyone else in the world that he sends money to and just won't understand that he can't do that or the money will be gone.

Right. You'd have to be very selective about who you give money to and how much you give them. Helping your close family is a good thing, but they have to be reasonable about it and not look at you as a money tree.

Honestly, I can't even fathom blowing through $9 million. Give me a decent house, a new Dodge Challenger, help out some friends & family a little bit and get some stuff for the kids and I'd be good. That's not even touching $1 million yet.

I think poor investments, gambling and partying are probably the 3 biggest culprits for these athletes that go broke. You also have guys that sleep around and knock up the wrong chick. Then they have massive support payments ala TO.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeremy Hill being a crybaby on Twitter - Shake n Blake - 04-13-2016, 03:48 PM