Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another lie about ACA revealed
(06-24-2015, 09:47 AM)Stewy Wrote: Regardless, I don't think Obama wanted to shove the ACA down everyone's throats for personal monetary gain.  I think he's been trying to build a FDR/LBJ legacy since he took office.

We have a winner, folks! I'm in complete agreement with you, here. The past two Presidents, IMHO, have gone into the office with a legacy mindset. Bush was about finishing what daddy started, and Obama was about the social welfare issues like FDR and LBJ. I fear that this is a trend that will be continually ongoing. I understand it to an extent. We venerate those that have come before them and most of them do have a lasting legacy, whether you view what they did positively or negatively those legacies have to stick in the mind of those taking the oath of that office. But going into it with the mindset that you want to create that sort of legacy is going to further degrade the office from its original intentions. Our elected officials are supposed to be leaders, yes, but they are supposed to be of us, the people.

Maybe it is our fault for the reverence with which we speak of those that walked those halls before. That in itself elevates the position to a place it was not intended to go. We call the POTUS the 'leader of the free world' but the position is not that. It is the leader of the executive branch of our government, not the leader of this country.

Just a little mini-rant of mine.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another lie about ACA revealed - Stewy - 06-24-2015, 09:47 AM
RE: Another lie about ACA revealed - Belsnickel - 06-24-2015, 09:56 AM
RE: Another lie about ACA revealed - Stewy - 06-24-2015, 09:49 AM