Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone watch Texas Rising?
Finally finished it. I entered this show knowing very little about the Texas Revolution. I now feel I am an expert. The Texas Revolution consisted of The Alamo, the massacre of several hundred Texans fleeing a fort, and finally a skirmish in the woods. Oh yeah and Henry Hill grew a beard and mutilated a lot of Mexicans before shaving his beard and entering the witness protection program, but they found him. I think one of the heroes was deaf. But not always. George of the Jungle killed his own son. Too bad George's dad didn't think of that. Some family bought a house and were slaughtered by Indians. That was a critical part of the revolution. Two guys, one named Bigfoot, didn't participate at all in the Texas Revolution. I think it was important that we followed their story so we could know that. And some Snidely Whiplash dude (complete with twirling the mustache) had to give his hotel to the Yellow Rose of Texas who was little more than a slut, and probably turned the hotel into a brothel. and the election of Sam Houston was so big that like 20 people attended his inauguration in some saloon. He said he would give his blood and his life for Texas, and most in attendance seemed to hope it would come to that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Anyone watch Texas Rising? - SunsetBengal - 05-26-2015, 12:34 AM
RE: Anyone watch Texas Rising? - Harmening - 05-26-2015, 07:01 PM
RE: Anyone watch Texas Rising? - fredtoast - 05-26-2015, 06:01 PM
RE: Anyone watch Texas Rising? - Harmening - 05-26-2015, 07:02 PM
RE: Anyone watch Texas Rising? - fredtoast - 05-27-2015, 10:49 AM
RE: Anyone watch Texas Rising? - michaelsean - 06-24-2015, 10:39 AM
RE: Anyone watch Texas Rising? - Harmening - 06-25-2015, 02:14 PM