Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reggie Nelson signs 2 year deal with Raiders
(04-14-2016, 11:18 AM)jj22 Wrote: Iloka is one of the best SS in the league. Center fielder, ball hawking safety (Reggie's role). Well we'll have to see. I like Iloka and hope you guys are right. I think he and Williams are much more alike then he and Reggie from a FS/SS standpoint.

If I had to choose Nelson or Iloka, I would choose Iloka, but I still think we were better prepared to lose Iloka with Williams in waiting then Reggie. But you guys clearly see it different.

With the age of Reggie and the fact he was missing some tackles last year that he normally makes,
i think we made the right decision.

The Interceptions might of covered up his tackling mishaps to lots of people. This could of been a
sign of age, not good. Iloka has even more range than Reggie and can cover just as good. His hands
might not be as good but Reggie dropped some ints last year too.

Bottom line is we got younger at Safety and have lots of talent there. It is not like Shawn is some
chump right out of college he has some experience and has looked good in that time. He can tackle
and cover and make interceptions, Shawn has shown this.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reggie Nelson signs 2 year deal with Raiders - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-14-2016, 06:24 PM