Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BENGALS are on The Clock (The Choices)
Josh Docston is a great overall receiver. When looking at his numbers this season when it comes to contested balls and such, Docston ranks pretty high. He fights for the ball and is a very polished wide receiver. He caught 20 of 37 contested balls, which is over 50% and one of the very few receivers to do so. His route running is very underrated, and he has very nimble feet. He also creates separation and was a beast in the 10-19 yards down the field area. He caught 83% of passes thrown his way in that field. For comparison, Coleman caught 56% and Treadwell 54%. Docston has a very similar playing style to that of DeAndre Hopkins when you look at it and even compare tape. Docston's route running sets him apart from every other receiver in this draft and it's not even close. Throw in his reliable hands and the Bengals could wind up with an even better duo that AJ Green and Marvin Jones. Docston has talent. He's not elite in every aspect by any means, but he's very good at many and has very few flaws.

Andrew Billings is such an intriguing prospect because he hasn't even come close to his ceiling it appears. He doesn't have the best size, but his strength sets him apart. Great bull rush and attacks the center and guard with a ton of force. Ability to push anyone back and has leverage when need be. Biggest strength is power at the point of attack, where a gap or two gap. He ranked 19th against the run the past two years and played 765 snaps. Holds a never ending motor and continues to fight. Will have to work on hand usage and not keeping his head down, but he has a lot of upside. Will also have to get better with shedding blocks, but he's a very disruptive played and can fill holes rather quickly just by moving his guy back. In Baylor they did a lot of slanting with him, and that's not his strength, but he still produced at a high level nonetheless. Has a ton of natural strength and if his technique is coached up and catches up with his strength, Billings could be one of the toughest defensive tackles in the NFL.

Those are the two that have my vote moving forward. I could give some insight to a few others (haven't watched much of Whitehair and Kelly so those wouldn't be as good). But in the end, my vote goes for both Docston and Billings. Far too good and they hit needs.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: BENGALS are on The Clock (The Choices) - wolfkaosaun - 04-16-2016, 04:05 AM