Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Saudi's threaten U.S. If congress passes 9/11 bill
(04-19-2016, 10:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The government has nothing to do with the negativity surrounding conspiracy theorists.

People are negative about conspiracy theorists smugly call everyone else stupid.

There are actually people who steal signs from playgrounds dedicated to children killed at Sandy Hook and make mocking posts on websites about how it was all a big fake.  

There are outbreaks of diseases like measles that could be prevented by vaccinations that are not being taken because of conspiracy theorists.

Conspiracies are so popular because if you want to brag that you are smarter than everyone else it is easier to accept a conspiracy than actually doing the work to develop a true knowledge.  Why go to med school when you can read a few stories on the internet and know more than all doctors?  If life is not going your way it is easier to blame some dark, secret society than blame yourself.  If your favorite team does not win it is because the games are fixed instead of the other team being better.

Conspiracy theories are popular because they provide easy answers and make their believers feel smarter than everyone else.

They sure do, case in point, Cass Sunstein; former presidential cabinet member. If that's not enough, just YouTube the countless instances where CT's are just run through the mud on mainstream news, often by those with political clout.  

You're painting all conspiracy theorists with a broad brush. I have never suggested Sandy Hook or any other mass shooting was the result of a conspiracy. Still, I believe a video I posted not long ago shows witnesses of one of these mass shootings ( sandy hook, I believe) (re)cycling through the scene multiple times. I don't know what that's all about, but that's why CT's look at these events under a microscope. Not to mention they've sealed some records, evidence I believe. I'm not sure. I don't get into those theories. 

It's called cognitive dissonance. You're currently enthralled in it.

Conspiracy theorists, if they're honest, are not looking for easy answers, it is in fact the other way around. 

FIFA. Next. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-

Messages In This Thread
RE: Saudi's threaten U.S. If congress passes 9/11 bill - Devils Advocate - 04-19-2016, 11:08 AM