Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Research sho there is no scientific debate about climate change
(04-19-2016, 10:47 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Like I said, it's already a done deal.  CO2 will remain in the atmosphere for centuries, and with temps lagging, eliminating all fossil fuels today would not stop the warming.  Of course fossil fuels will still be burnt, and reducing them by these low numbers will do nothing seeing as reducing them by 100% would still result in temps rising.  Then we have the methane being released in the Arctic which is worse than CO2.  Then we have the oceans eventually releasing stored up heat and CO2.  The leaders are better off preparing everyone for the new world.  The old one is going to disappear.

Reducing carbon output at this point can help keep things from getting as bad as you claim.  In fact I heard this exact same argument made about fluorocarbons and the hole in the Ozone.  But that problem is fixing itself since we changed our behavior.

I have often wondered what tack the deniers would take when they are eventually proven wrong.  Now I know.  They will admit that man is contributing to climate change, but they will just say that it too late to make any difference.

"Why get people to stop smoking when we can just sell them all iron lungs."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Research sho there is no scientific debate about climate change - fredtoast - 04-19-2016, 11:14 AM