Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meanwhile, in stupid human news...
(04-18-2016, 07:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Christian snake handler dies from rattlesnake bite, after refusing treatment..

http://www.liberalamerica.org/2015/07/29/snake-handling-christian-bitten-by-rattler-refuses-treatment-promptly-dies/

A 60-year-old member of a Pentecostal snake-handling church was bitten on Sunday during a service. He refused medical treatment and soon died as a result of the venomous bite.
John David Brock was bitten while handling a rattlesnake during services at the Mossy Simpson Pentecostal Church in Jenson, Kentucky. Four hours later, at his brothers’s house, he passed away, which is often the result when you are bitten by a dangerous snake and rely on faith to heal you.

Folks, you can't make this stuff up.  How, in 2016, does a man actually rely on faith to heal him from a rattlesnake bite??

You know, I can sort of understand how some religious people think that they shouldn't go to a doctor for medical treatment. They were taught to rely solely on their faith for EVERY thing. I think it's stupid and I'm pretty sure God does, too, but I can sort of understand. 

What I don't understand is the snake-handling thing. What in the name of Jehoshaphat does that have to do with ANYTHING religious much less worshipping God? Obviously, I know what it's all about, but honestly, it's got to be one of the stupidest things attributed to any denomination of Christianity.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Meanwhile, in stupid human news... - PhilHos - 04-19-2016, 01:35 PM