Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Carolina House Passes Bill Voiding All Local LGBT Nondiscrimination Ordinances
(04-19-2016, 12:50 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You are trying to compare apples to oranges.

People with gender identification disorder do have issues, but they don't try to punish or discriminate other people because of it.

I can sympathize with people with gender identification disorder because they are not hurting anyone else.

I can not sympathize with people who want to punish transgenders for no reason.  In my opinion those type of people have issues much worse than Gender Identification Disorder.

Only a very small percentage of the population have issues that make them unable to use stairs, yet all public buildings have wheel chair access.  What kind of asshole would say "I don't like looking at cripples.  They make me feel uncomfortable.  Why do we need special laws for such a small minority of the population?"

You know what kind of asshole would say something like that?  The same type of person who would go out of his way to use insulting animal terms to describe transgenders.  The same type of person who would smugly joke that Gender Identification Disorder was something made up or imaginary that could be turned on and off just to use the public restroom of the opposite sex. 

Yes, because requesting wheelchair access is because the wheelchair bound people are "uncomfortable" using the stairs.  Whatever

And who wants to punish transgenders? No one. Just because people are in favor of having a law that says if you've got a penis use the bathroom for penises, doesn't mean they want to punish transgenders. You claim that's discrimination, fine, you have the right to that opinion, but don't make up strawman arguments (or strawwomen or strawtrans arguments) about how people want to "punish" transgenders. Just because you think that's what the outcome of the law does, does not mean that that's the intent of those in favor of the law.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: North Carolina House Passes Bill Voiding All Local LGBT Nondiscrimination Ordinances - PhilHos - 04-19-2016, 01:53 PM