Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Carolina House Passes Bill Voiding All Local LGBT Nondiscrimination Ordinances
(04-19-2016, 01:53 PM)PhilHos Wrote: And who wants to punish transgenders? No one. Just because people are in favor of having a law that says if you've got a penis use the bathroom for penises, doesn't mean they want to punish transgenders. You claim that's discrimination, fine, you have the right to that opinion, but don't make up strawman arguments (or strawwomen or strawtrans arguments) about how people want to "punish" transgenders. Just because you think that's what the outcome of the law does, does not mean that that's the intent of those in favor of the law.

To say the consequences are irrelevant is comical.  It is like saying "I don't want to discriminate against black people.  I just want to deny them equality because I don't like being around them."

It is not a coincidence that these laws are called "Religious Freedom" laws, and that the exact same people who supported discrimination against homosexuals in the same sex marriage debate now back all of these "religious freedom" laws that discriminate against transgender people.  And I heard that exact same lame argument during the same sex debate.  "I don't want to discriminate against gay people.  i just want to deny them equal protection under the law because of my religious beliefs."

You have already admitted that this issue was about religious beliefs when you were crying about Springsteen cancelling his concert.  And I have to remind you again that in the United States we don't make laws just to placate the Christians religious beliefs.  Especially when they amount to discrimination.

Messages In This Thread
RE: North Carolina House Passes Bill Voiding All Local LGBT Nondiscrimination Ordinances - fredtoast - 04-19-2016, 02:41 PM