Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Saudi's threaten U.S. If congress passes 9/11 bill
(04-19-2016, 11:27 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote:  I don't even know where to start here. 

Gold will never lose its purchasing power.  The dollar? Not so much. 

The reason we abandoned the gold standard was so money managers could keep our nation in perpetual debt. The reason we have paper money is because it's easier to handle and that's ok. But it says right on the damn thing that it's a promise to pay a debt. I wonder what that means? 

If it's just a promise to pay the debt; pay it with what? And how can we promise to pay a debt with a promise to pay a debt?

Fractional reserve. Look it up. 

The Fed prints 1k and loans it to a bank at interest. But the bank is then allowed to loan 10k, all because they have 1k in real money. It's a god damn Ponzi scheme. That's our system. 

Totally agree on this.
Example...... (may not be the best, but what popped into my brain)

For those discussing gold's "value"....

Gold prices are affected by supply and demand, like any other product/service.
The stock market tanks and gold rises, as a safe parking space for funds (providing they sell before the eventual decline).
Look at the massive price drop, after Gaddafi's gold was distributed to the Libyan rebel's supporters.
It took over a year to transport and divide the largest personal collection of gold.

For note of the price rise of 08 to 13.... the sensationalized fear of Obama and limited supply.

[Image: au3650nyb.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Saudi's threaten U.S. If congress passes 9/11 bill - Rotobeast - 04-19-2016, 09:53 PM