Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Viral video reignites corporal punishment school debate
(04-19-2016, 04:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: Obviously, correcting behavior is best done by hitting people. That is why when you mess up at work your boss punches you, and when you get pulled over for speeding the cop slaps you. That is what I never understood about spanking, or any other form of physical punishment. If it is such a good option, why don't we continue it throughout life?

When our two kids were younger they got spanked if the were bad.  Not beat.  But a swat or two on the butt.

When they got a little older I would give them to the count of three before the spanking.  I don't think I ever got to three.

When they were a little bit older still I would just sarcastically say "Oh!  You want a spanking before you do what you were told to do anyway!"  Never had to spank them.

Our daughter was a door slammer when she got mad.  One day she yelled about something preteens yell about and stomped through the house.  As she got to her room I never looked up from the computer but calmly said "If you slam that door one more time it comes off the hinges and there will be no door to slam again...forever."  There was a second or two of silence and then a door quietly being shut.   Smirk

The last time I spanked either of them was probably 6 years ago or so.  Our daughter was being a real PITA and kept pushing and pushing. She was around 11 or 12 at the time.  We were in the kitchen and she was doing something by the fridge and I was behind her making a sandwich.  She dropped something and rather than squat down to get it she bent at the waist and the feeling just got the better of me and she got one stinging swat on the rear.  She stood straight up, her face went red and the tears started.  I apologized but told her she deserved it!   Smirk

I have relatives who never spanked...their kids can be quite the handful.  Very disrespectful.  I believe in a firm but fair hand early to straighten the course before it gets too far out of hand.  But by the parents.  Although I have told my parents and a few other relatives watching them when they were younger that if they required a spanking to let me know before they did it.  That involves a lot of trust though.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Viral video reignites corporal punishment school debate - GMDino - 04-19-2016, 11:03 PM