Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Research sho there is no scientific debate about climate change
(04-19-2016, 07:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm not smugly dismissing anything, but Ive read enough about it to know it's a catastrophe waiting to happen.  Im on my phone right now so I cant really find and link, but it's pretty easy to find.  I'd be happy to have someone find a way to prove it will only have minor side effects because it seems it would work, as long as you don't stop.

I did a Google search and this was the first result.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/6369971.stm

From the article:
Quote:Unknown consequences

Nevertheless, the consequences of putting gargantuan quantities of sulphur into the atmosphere as he [Paul Curtzen] proposes are unknown.

It could increase acid rain, or even damage the ozone layer - the very thing Professor Crutzen has dedicated his life to protecting.

Neither does his solution tackle - or offer a way of reducing - the increasing amount of CO2 that is still being emitted.

From reading this article, it seems that if your goal is simply to reduce global temperatures, this would be the way to go. But, this doesn't seem to really address the issues raised from most climate change proponents. However, I'm basing this solely on this article.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Research sho there is no scientific debate about climate change - PhilHos - 04-22-2016, 01:24 PM