Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Bets Should I Put On The Bengals?
(06-24-2015, 03:56 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: You guys got it all wrong.

You put money on teams that you hate (Steelers, Browns, Ravens, etc.) to win the Division/Conference/Super Bowl. That way, if they do win you won't be as miserable. Of course, you pretty much are saying, "I am willing to pay x amount of dollars for the team that I hate to NOT WIN".

I put a $200 futures bet down on the Steelers winning the division back in August of last year. I hated that they won it, but I got paid for it.

I put $200 futures bet down on Duke to win the NCAA Basketball championship last September. Not a huge Duke hater, but I got a decent return.

I also bet against the Bengals in the first round of the playoffs the last two years. Won a lot with the loss to San Diego. Not enough to get over the sting of a game that I really thought they were going to win.

As last year went on, any time I won a bet during the week, I would put the winnings into another futures bet. Last year, I had about 4 different total futures bets where I picked the Steelers to win the Super Bowl. Had they won the Super Bowl, I would have taken home over $15,000. Believe it or not, I was still happy they lost in the first round,but, I would have quickly gotten over it had they gone on to win it. In the end, I lost about $1,000 or so for the year. Not terrible, but I was up about $3,000 after the Thanksgiving games. Then I took a dive. Oh well.

Yes, I do feel like a bit of a traitor sometimes.
Well, if we are all sharing....I remember some years back when (what I remember to be) a winless Bengals team announce Akili Smith was going to start against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.  The team was awful and Smith had already proven he was worthless, but somehow this move screamed "front office" and I knew they would get absolutely hammered.  I had run my $200 account up to around $1,000 on betmaker (and I was wise to deny their bonuses so I was actually able to get my payoff before six times rollver).  I put it all on the Bucs.  They were 9 point favorites.  They won something like 41-3. 

I have never placed more than $50 on a single game before this or since, but I told my dad on the way home that he didn't have to pay for his seat next year.  I already had both of our seats covered. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Bets Should I Put On The Bengals? - SHRacerX - 06-24-2015, 05:10 PM