Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WR's in Rd's 3 and 5...again?
(04-26-2016, 09:15 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: This! We have guys already on the roster that can give us what Sanu gave us.

(04-26-2016, 09:19 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Do a little homework guys. There are several other very good WR's not named Treadwell,Doctson,Fuller, or Coleman.

I like Doctson myself but so do other teams in front of us. Treadwell has good hands in traffic but as Bill Polian said, "He will always be in traffic with a 4.6 forty". Coleman played in a system that helped inflate his numbers and Baylor's track record at the skill positions (NFL level) is very poor. Fuller drops 50% of the balls thrown to him.

For starters I think Bengals fans everywhere need to learn to lower their expectations for FA's we sign at bargain bin prices. There is a reason LaFell was cut, and signed for under $3 mil. He is not Marvin Jones by any means, if he was he would have been paid much closer to MJ's salary...or better yet wouldn't have been cut in the first place because he would have been playing for less than half of his value. The truth is he a good 3rd WR or poor to average 2nd WR. We either need a good 2nd WR or a guy who can be sorta 2/2a with LaFell. 

IF YOU GO INTO THIS SEASON THINKING ANYONE WE SIGNED WILL BE GREAT PLAYERS YOU WILL BE EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED BY THE END OF THE YEAR! 

Then players face unfair criticism because the fans horribly overestimated them...sorry that's a rant as much about past players as LaFell, but the lesson applies here too. 

As for this draft, I have and always do my homework. This WR class is not very strong at the top, or in depth. There are NO well rounded WR's (Doctson is the closest thing to it which is why I want him). After that you have players with glaring weaknesses and strengths that are mostly potential that will likely never play out because of their weaknesses. If they do it will be 2 years down the road for the vast majority. And if you want a guy like shepard you can't be sure he'll make it to our 2nd rounder, or Garrett to our 3rd, etc. If a guy like Doctson or Treadwell is there at 24 you take him. If Coleman or Fuller it depends on what your scouting department thinks and the offense you run, personally I think they would both be well worth a 2nd round pick, but not a first. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: WR's in Rd's 3 and 5...again? - J24 - 04-26-2016, 08:48 PM
RE: WR's in Rd's 3 and 5...again? - pulses - 04-26-2016, 08:58 PM
RE: WR's in Rd's 3 and 5...again? - J24 - 04-26-2016, 09:07 PM
RE: WR's in Rd's 3 and 5...again? - J24 - 04-26-2016, 09:10 PM
RE: WR's in Rd's 3 and 5...again? - leonardfan40 - 04-26-2016, 09:38 PM