Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Brady deflate gate suspension reinstated
(04-27-2016, 03:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 1. My initial point was on quality of play.   If they can't be trusted to agree what a catch is then how can we trust them to handle the concussion protocol correctly?  Especially given they have no long term studies.

You blamed it on the union and everything you have cited doesn't have anything to do with the union. Including the officiating and the concussion protocol.  The union doesn't officiate the games.  The union didn't develop, adopt, or enforce the concussion protocol.  

Quote:2. I posted those not for the obvious NFL covering their own tails.   But to show that Polian and Belichelk who are aware of the quality of play on field and how these rules are hampering them plus leading to increased injury. 

And even the NFL itself denies there are increased injuries as a result of what you are complaining about.  To summarize, you complained about something, you cited a source to validate your complaint, your source indicated your complaint was without merit.

Quote:3. Your link doesn't work.   The pro concussion people have all said they still don't have enough info.   The NFL concussion protocol is a knee jerk overreaction.  None of this would be an issue of they weren't going in blind just trying whatever to see what sticks.    

I just checked and the link works fine on my end.  The concussion protocol is the medical standard.  The NFL adopted it because the leading medical experts recommend it.  If you are a private patient with a concussion being treated by a neurologist specializing in concussions he is going to use a concussion protocol to return you to your weekend warrior sport.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tom Brady deflate gate suspension reinstated - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 04-27-2016, 04:29 PM