Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Brady deflate gate suspension reinstated
(04-27-2016, 04:29 PM)UYou oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You blamed it on the union and everything you have cited doesn't have anything to do with the union. Including the officiating and the concussion protocol.  The union doesn't officiate the games.  The union didn't develop, adopt, or enforce the concussion protocol.  

And even the NFL itself denies there are increased injuries as a result of what you are complaining about.  To summarize, you complained about something, you cited a source to validate your complaint, your source indicated your complaint was without merit.

I just checked and the link works fine on my end.  The concussion protocol is the medical standard.  The NFL adopted it because the leading medical experts recommend it.  If you are a private patient with a concussion being treated by a neurologist specializing in concussions he is going to use a concussion protocol to return you to your weekend warrior sport.

1. Quality of play has been lessened by what has been agreed upon in that union agreement. 

2. The NFL denies it because they do not want more ambulance chasers taking a bite because the union does little to nothing for retired players and most are broke.   This has nothing to do with any legitimate long term study.    

3. The only adopted it to prevent further ridiculous lawsuits.     That's not a good reason to have it active.    

Once again I don't mind the protocol but the players should be able to opt out of the protocol at their own risk.    I don't see a problem with allowing them a voice in their own medical care.  If there is no ability opt out them it should be abandoned.    
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tom Brady deflate gate suspension reinstated - StLucieBengal - 04-27-2016, 05:53 PM