Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Article Comparing 2016 Draft With 2012
(04-22-2016, 08:07 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Thought this was interesting. Is a 2nd or in the Bengals case 3rd or 4th WR worth a 1st Rd pick. The Bengals are notorious for not starting draft picks their 1st year. So the question is, at what position of need do you guys see a 1st Rd player starting? DT, nope, DE, nope C, nope, S, nope, CB, no again. What about LB? I know we have alot of bodies at that position but most are just that. But again I dont see the Bengals starting a rookie LB so what does it matter, is there really a position OF NEED if they wont even start, why not just take BPA. On a side note I do think Treadwell could be a day 1 starter but we know that A. he will be off the board or B. Lafell or Tate will be the #2 regardless. Thoughts.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/4/15/11424090/2012-vs-2016-bengals-should-pass-on-a-wide-receiver-in-the-first-round

they wont start as the starter on the depth chart but that doesnt mean they wont be a start by time the season starts.... Like Rey M knocked out the LBer in front of him for the sam spot his rookie year. Dalton and AJ were more out of need to start.

But generally we havent needed the 1st rounders to come in and start right away thats a sign of good depth. But if the player is outshining the incumbent start im sure they will work their way into the starting lineup...

WR is a need but do we have to have a 1st rounder no.

Bengals do pretty well every year making sure there are no glaring needs going into the draft. definate spots that can be upgraded but there is usually something servicable in place.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting Article Comparing 2016 Draft With 2012 - XenoMorph - 04-28-2016, 01:24 PM