Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B/R ranks Bengals QB supporting cast #1
(06-25-2015, 10:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Maybe that is some PFF stat for QBs (hurries, hits, etc), but you ignore the point about no AJ Green or any WRs that could get separation.  Again, I am just trying to get you to look at the big picture and not just Dalton himself.  I am not trying to say he is top 5, "elite", etc., but what I have seen from him when he is kept clean and he has some weapons is that he can be very, very good. 

For the two games you mention where his ratings were abysmal, I could point out many more where his ratings were phenomenal.  You tend to focus on the two really bad games and two really bad postseason games and label him a dud.  I look at the 40 wins (and that one GD tie that STILL sticks in my craw) in four seasons and think that with a solid TE, WR, and RB corps that he can, in fact, win a Super Bowl. 

Where did I ever label him a dud? That's just flat out lying, I've never said he was a bad QB or a "dud".

When did I only focus on those 2 games? I was just showing you statistics that went against your theory. He doesn't always "pick teams apart" when he's kept clean, that's false. I don't dwell on just 2 games of a guy's entire career, that's not my thing, I was just using it as an example to show that he's not always on point even when he's not pressured. Please don't act like 2 of my posts show what I'm "focused on".

Yes, he's not bad without pressure, but most NFL caliber QBs aren't bad without pressure. That's why I can't give Andy too much of a pat on the back for doing something that isn't extraordinary for someone in his position. A starting NFL QB should have decent stats without pressure by the defense.

If you surround him with an extremely talented team or he happens to go on an October 2013-esque tear in the playoffs, I do believe he can be a SB winning quarterback. I've never said otherwise. I just don't know how likely it is for him to do that. If we have injuries on offense, I'm not confident that he can rally the troops and overcome that to win playoff games. I could be wrong, but history is on my side here. You're basing your opinions off of your personal hopes and wishes, I'm basing my opinions off of facts and past events. 40 wins is a team stat, I can't take you seriously if you won't look at individual accomplishments when discussing an individual player. If you want to talk about the Bengals as a whole, yes, 40 wins is great. W/L doesn't belong to a single player.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: B/R ranks Bengals QB supporting cast #1 - djs7685 - 06-25-2015, 10:29 AM