Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Cincinnati Reds season thread
So, the Reds go 3-5 in series play the month of April. ...Suarez put up good hitting numbers in April and Cozart batted .361 in April.......Votto, Hamilton and Mesoraco stunk the place up in April. In all fairness to Mesoraco, he is trying to come back from that injury. Votto gets paid huge, so if he doesn't hit, it's going to kill the Reds on payroll as well as losses.

I see Iglesias is injured and still waiting for Homer to come back from DL.  ...and I see Hoover as the closer replacing Chapman has an ERA of 15.58....Melville and Simon really got clobbered as starters. Hoover and Sampson got lit up in relief.

Holt and Barhart are batting over .300, so Price may want to get them more playing time. I'm amazed they kept Price. The team has done nothing but lose since he took over. You would think his days are numbered if things don't turn around, maybe fired in mid season.  OK, maybe they got rid of some players, but what was his excuse before they cut payroll. This team won before Price. Maybe the Reds TV show is The Price Is Wrong. 

but, who knows, maybe in May they may turn it around.....Mr Big Payroll Votto needs to start hitting. He batted .229 in April, so people can't say that his power numbers are down but he bats .300....he isn't hitting for power or batting average at this point and possibly the highest paid flop in baseball in April.

I have seen teams turn it around after a bad April.....but since this team was picked by USA Today to lose around 100 games......well, at least they have the Pete Rose weekend late in June. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2016 Cincinnati Reds season thread - kevin - 05-01-2016, 12:10 PM