Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not to discredit our drafting team
(05-05-2016, 08:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Well I'm going to believe that Ozzie was the brains even back then because it makes sense and it helps my case.   Smirk

2. I've always said that the Ravens were put into a pickle with Flacco. How many times does a young QB win SB MVP in a contract year? Talk about jackpot. What were the Ravens going to do? Tell their fans they let their young SB QB go over a few million bucks? I'm sure that would've gone over well. But yeah, the Flacco contract has hurt them somewhat and I can't blame Ozzie for that.

I look at the Ravens like this. They're going through a transitional phase like we did in 2010. Will they rebound in a year or two? Who knows? I'd gladly trade places with them seeing how their fans can always look back on fond memories of titles in 2000 and 2012. Plus - if I'm betting - I think the Ravens will be competitive again with 1-3 seasons. As we've seen with Atkins/Dunlap/Green/Dalton, it only takes hitting on a few draft picks. They already have a decent QB, so we'll see.

3. Yes we do own them, thank goodness. Unfortunately I feel like the Steelers are to us what we are to the Ravens. Then Steelers/Ravens games are always competitive. Such a weird division.

2. Ya, you're right, not much they could do after that amazing Flacco playoff run. Then again, coaches like BB don't give a **** about what fans think. Example being they traded Chandler Jones to the Cardinals this offseason, I don't think the fans were too pleased (But I get it, QB is a much different beast and much harder to cut ties with).

tbh I think the ravens need a good running game again. When I think of their superbowls I think of Jamaal Lewis and Ray Rice churning out short yardage situations and keeping their D off the field. Until they fix their running problems, Flacco will struggle and the defense in turn will struggle. I was surprised when they didn't go for a RB in round 2 this year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Not to discredit our drafting team - CJD - 05-04-2016, 08:31 AM
RE: Not to discredit our drafting team - GreenCornBengal - 05-05-2016, 08:16 PM