Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deshawn Williams role moving forward
(05-08-2016, 09:18 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This is exactly what I think, but I also think Hunt and Clarke should not be dismissed either. Geno did not flourish immediately for us, some guys just take a little more time so I have not given up they can be Gilberry type ends/DT depending on the situation.

Umm.... what? Confused  Geno got 3 sacks his rookie year (1 more than Clarke and Hunt's combined career totals in 5 seasons) and then was a Pro Bowler in his 2nd year.... and he was a 4th round pick to Hunt's 2nd round and Clarke's 3rd round. Not sure I see the connection there at all.   Confused

(05-08-2016, 02:49 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Hopefully we are using a heavy rotation on the D-line. I think it can look pretty good with 4 DE's and Hardison as the swing guy. It's going to be a tough call on Sims, he's been a real warrior for us, but if Billings shows he can handle the run stopping duties in preseason, he bumps Sims. Thompson on PUP. That leaves Williams as last DT, probably getting the least playing time.

At DT maybe, but not DE. When they did the rotation last year, there were times when the DL did nothing and the offenses looked suddenly much better. Then you look at the DL and it was like Hunt, Sims, Thompson, Gilberry all on the field at the same time and you just have to go "Oh, that's why."  After Dunlap and MJ, there's really not much there at DE right now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Deshawn Williams role moving forward - TheLeonardLeap - 05-08-2016, 03:56 PM