Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court Upholds Nationwide Health Care Law Subsidies
Let's face the facts. The old system was leaving people destitute for receiving medical care that citizens of any other industrialized nation in the world can get for little to no cost. The ACA created the signature of American ingenuity these days, the "we don't want to fully commit to a big government solution but we realize the free market isn't working so here is a hybrid variation that won't work either but makes it look like we are doing something" way that we tend to do things when we realize we are doing a piss poor job of taking care of our citizenry.

The big question is where do we go from here? I've heard folks from the insurance industry say that dismantling the ACA now would be utter chaos and do more harm than good. So is there a reason we are trying to do that? I get that some people think any attempt for the government to provide services to the citizenry is evil, you can save that energy you would use typing that out. But right wing politicians are the only ones I have heard say dismantling it would be good and that's because it is what those constituents that don't live in reality want to hear. There was a problem, it had to be fixed. The fix has some major problems, let's fix them.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Supreme Court Upholds Nationwide Health Care Law Subsidies - Belsnickel - 06-26-2015, 07:47 AM