Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deshawn Williams role moving forward
(05-07-2016, 08:47 PM)Okeana Wrote: In a Recent article with the Dayton daily news ( http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/news/sports/bengals-defensive-tackle-williams-a-rare-seasoned-/nrJk4/ ) they discuss Deshawn Williams and some of the events of the last year. I remember really liking Deshawn in the preseason and was surprised when he was cut from the final 53 considering how well he played. What I didn't realize is that instead of taking offers from other teams he decided to stay with the Bengals practice squad and traveled with the team on all the away games. Paulie G also supposedly liked the kid so much he took him under his wing and has continued to help develop him. I haven't heard of many instances of someone choosing to stay with a practice squad instead of signing to a 53 man roster elsewhere.

Considering he has put on even more muscle this last year where do you think Williams fits in with the current roster. Are they planning on having him play a similar role that Gillberry played for our team as a rotational DE/DT who specializes in third downs ?

if on the active 45 i say he probly spells geno when he needs a rest... or joins him on pass rushing downs.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Deshawn Williams role moving forward - XenoMorph - 05-09-2016, 02:11 PM