Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vigil Video Interviews...
There's a portion of this game that is physical. There are players who are just physically gifted, but that's rarely enough to make them great players. They also need other parts of the game, which are intellectual and emotional.

Vigil has been described as running our defense like he's been our Mike for the past 5 years. That's the mental part of it. He's got that, and it's awesome.

What you're picking up on, I think, from the interviews is more the emotional intelligence or emotional maturity that gives him the aura of a real professional.

He's loaded with these last two traits, and he has the quickness and speed to convince me that he has some of the physical tools. Some might see him as lacking the size and strength needed to be successful in the NFL. But he's just an inch shorter and 4 lbs heavier than a guy he's been compared to – Luke Kuechly.

Duke Tobin and our coaches grabbed this guy before Billings for a reason. Even though Billings was a player at a position of higher need (IMHO). I can't wait to see him play.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Vigil Video Interviews... - PDub80 - 05-08-2016, 01:03 PM
RE: Vigil Video Interviews... - grampahol - 05-08-2016, 01:11 PM
RE: Vigil Video Interviews... - PDub80 - 05-08-2016, 01:24 PM
RE: Vigil Video Interviews... - 3wt - 05-09-2016, 02:27 PM
RE: Vigil Video Interviews... - BURROWorBUST - 05-10-2016, 12:33 PM
RE: Vigil Video Interviews... - jason - 05-10-2016, 01:25 PM