Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Another Year of the Same??
As a converted Browns fan, at the age of 15, after the Begals came to town in 1968, here's what I see for 2016:

1. Barring injuries, and despite the free agent losses, I think the Bengals still have the talent and experience to get to the Superbowl. Experience including the coaching staff which is the most experienced staff, in terms of years of coaching, that Lewis has ever had.

2. I think the new OC will keep the successful offensive scheme in place, and that, combined with Dalton's uncanny ability at pre-snap reads, I do not see an offensive decline.

3. I believe beating Pittsburgh will be critical in their chances for the division and a shot at a playoff bye, and I think the Bengals have proven to Pittsburgh that they are no longer intimidated by them. (Both Bengal SB appearances, they were 12-4 and the number 1 seed.)

4. Despite all of the above positives, I do believe the Bengals have 2 hurdles that they will not overcome and because of that, I believe they will end their playoff streak at 5 years in a row.

5. Despite them not being intimidated by Pittsburgh, I still think Pittsburgh will continue to own them. Pittsburgh knows they can no longer intimidate them, but they also know they can do the next best thing by pushing their buttons causing the Bengals to respond with ignorant costly penalties. The Steelers also know that the Rooney family has a leg up with the NFL, especially the commissioner.

6. Lastly, they continue to struggle big time in the big stage games. (Big stage meaning any and all games where they are the ONLY NFL game being played at that time, which includes Monday, Thursday, Sunday night games and all playoff games.) Until they can overcome that hump, they will continue to be, at best, one and done!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
2016 Another Year of the Same?? - bengalguy71 - 05-10-2016, 01:22 PM