Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ambien effect on brain injuries
Just saw a fascinating show on how the sleep aid Ambien can have almost miraculous effects of people with sever brain injuries. People that have been in vegetative states for years have "awoken" when given Ambien. A man who had suffered a brain injury that made him unable to understand numbers was cured by ambien. another man who had not ben able to speak due to a brain injury had his voice restored by Ambien. If you are interested there are lots of scientific studeis that have proven this effect.

the funny thing is that for years I have considered Ambien a bad drug because the side effects do noty seem worth it for peopple who suffered from insomnia. I have never taken it, but I had a friend who used it and did all sorts of stuff during the night that she did not remember. One time she almost started a fire in her kitchen because she apparently started cooking something in the middle of the night while on ambien. I even had a client once who tried to claim that he did not remember stealing a car because he was using ambien. I am pretty sure he was lying, but I have heard a bunch of other strange stories about it.

Have any of you ever used it?

The treatment for people with brain injuries was not do to any scientific research. it was just an accidental discovery. A woman had a son who was in a long term coma. he suffered from seizures so one night she gave him an ambien to see if it would help him sleep through the night. Instead he came out of the coma and started talking to her. Although it turned out to be a great discovery it is also kind of scary because it shows how little doctors really know about how our brains work and what possible side effects drugs might have on us.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
ambien effect on brain injuries - fredtoast - 05-10-2016, 06:20 PM