Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Another Year of the Same??
(05-11-2016, 09:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am as frustrated as the next guy.  Watching a Denver team hoist the Lombardi that the Bengals took to OT, at their stadium, with a backup QB, made me want to vomit (although I do like Manning).   The playoff game against pitt, the broken hand, etc.  It was all vomit-inducing.  

BUT, I will take it.....IF and only IF, the team has that much more resolve to finish the job.  You are a product of your experiences and this team has the fuel of "it's us against the world", or more accurately, "it's us against the NFL".  Despite the horrible scheduling, the horrible officiating, etc. I think this team is bound to rise up and overcome.  

I always wanted more fire out of Dalton.  I wanted a Boomer-type vocal leader, but now I realize that Dalton is exactly the cool, never flustered, type they need.  

My firm belief is that once the Bengals win a first round playoff game and the 600lb gorilla is unloaded from their back, they will go all the way to the Super Bowl.  Obviously health, home field, etc. would all be very important to accomplishing this goal, but I love the way the team is set up.  

Everything happens for a reason and everything that happened last year will make this team stronger in the end.

Well said SH!  I also believe WHEN (if) they win the playoff game, they will win the SB!

Dalton assessment is right on!  Poise is the key and they have proven that time and time again, especially against Pittsburgh.  They've shown Pitt they aren't intimidated anymore, BUT ... they need to keep their poise when Pittsburgh starts pushing their buttons with the intent to get them to throw a temper tantrum bringing out those game costly pentalties!

Lastly, just like real estate comes down to 'location, location, location' .... this teams success comes down to 'injuries, injuries, injuries'. Can Dalton, Burfict, Eifert, Green, Hill, Bernard, Geno, Dunlap, (all the KEY players) all play a whole season without any 'major' injuries beyond the normal game or two nagging injuries????
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2016 Another Year of the Same?? - bengalguy71 - 05-11-2016, 09:41 AM