Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Another Year of the Same??
(05-11-2016, 03:24 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I think the Dalton injury last year was just as cruel as the Carson Palmer injury.

Both of them really took an AFC Title away from the Bengals.  I'm not as sure about the 2005 team, but there is no doubt in my mind that the Bengals would have been in the Super Bowl last year if Dalton doesn't go down.

No doubt whatsoever!!

For me, it's not thinking they 'can't' do it, it's believing what it's going to take for it to happen.  I still say once they win the first playoff game, they will win the SB, and once they do that, it will be like the Red Sox from 2004 to the present.

BUT   ....   until that happens, I will be rooting like crazy, but also waiting for the other shoe to drop.

They need to be able to beat the Steelers, with poise, and start winning the big stage games, BEFORE, they can consider winning in the playoffs, IMHO.

As a sidebar, my son, wife and I were watching the Bengal/Steeler playoff game, and when Burfict intercepted that pass, my son, said, "That's it, they've just won their first playoff game!"

My response was, "Not until there is no time on the clock, they are at least 1 point ahead, and there are no yellow flags on the field!"
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2016 Another Year of the Same?? - bengalguy71 - 05-11-2016, 03:44 PM