Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Another Year of the Same??
(05-11-2016, 04:01 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Honestly, I view this year as the last year before a huge change if something doesn't change.

Marvin has been here for far too long, but we also have players who are on their way out.

Adam Jones, Andrew Whitworth, Domata Peko, and Rey Maualuga could all be gone next year.

We already have some new starters having to step in this year after losing Hall and Nelson.

2015 is going to be the BIGGEST "What If" season the Bengals have ever had. Yes. I rank it higher than the 2005 season, because I honestly believe in every facet of the game that the 2015 team was better. Even with AJ McCarron, this team continue to do well. That defense was better even at creating turnovers. Had 7 more INTs and 1 more fumble recovery.

If this team can't win a playoff game next year, Marvin NEEDS to be done. This is a very talented team, and needs to actually set the bar instead of reaching the same spot year in and year out.

I agree with your assessment about the 2015 season vs. 2005 team.  However, your statement about Marvin being gone it they can't win a playoff game this year is too rigid.  If the team goes in healthy and lays an emotional egg and looks flat, ok.  But if they are playing with a backup QB, etc., not so much.

I sincerely hope the team gears itself for the postseason in terms of pounding the ball late in games with a lead to protect AJ, Andy, etc. against unnecessary shots.  And I hope that they are able to rotate in a number of backs.

Using the two TE formation with Kroft and Eifert, or having Fisher in as the extra TE and just hammering it down people's throats at the end of a game would be awesome.  Having a healthy Hewitt again will help this.  

Also, no QB read-options.  They simply aren't worth the risk.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2016 Another Year of the Same?? - SHRacerX - 05-11-2016, 05:12 PM