Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Myth of Sanders' electability
(05-11-2016, 10:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Likely because Crazy Bernie has never done an honest days work, in his lifetime.  Dude is a freakin' hippie loser, and trying to convince everyone that they deserve free shit?  Because he was born into a well off family, and every American deserves the same?  C'mon, that's just stupid.  No wonder it's kids and lazy folk that admire Sanders.

Sanders was born and raised in a very low income family with any immigrant father from Poland.
Quote:lthough Eli Sanders’ job as a paint salesman put food on the table for his wife Dorothy and their two boys, the family had to budget meticulously to get through each month. In the book The Jews of Capitol Hill: A Compendium of Jewish Congressional Members, by Kurt Stone, Bernie Sanders is quoted as saying about his childhood: “It’s not that we were poor, but [there was always] the constant pressure of never having enough money. … The money question to me has always been very deep and emotional

http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/192931/bernie-sanders-story

As to the whole "free stuff" argument, it's not. It is paid for by the taxes that we pay. I'd much rather my taxes be used for healthcare, education and infrastructure in this country, rather than spending it in countries that our neo-con politicians think need to "fixed" so we can have their oil.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Myth of Sanders' electability - Yojimbo - 05-11-2016, 10:51 PM