Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Myth of Sanders' electability
(05-12-2016, 09:00 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The problem with Bernie supporters is that, while intelligent, they suspend rational thought and focus on their emotions.

There's no corporate media campaign against him. The two candidates getting the most votes get the most airtime.

Clinton doesn't have to run negative ads cause her PACs do! Ok, but Bernie's PACs could have and spared him from running negative ads. Oh wait, he ran negative ads and lost NY because of it.

At no point did the article say that he is unelectable because he hasn't been attacked. The point of the article is that he has been ignored and that things in his past that could easily have been attacked have not been, so you cannot say he is more electable without having him truly run the gauntlet. Hillary has run the gauntlet and leads Trump. Hillary will not attack him because it will hurt her support in the general. Republicans have not attacked him because he won't be the nominee, so why waste the energy?

Yes, he has been ignored.  By the media.  Hillary didn't bring it up 'his past' in debates, just like Bernie didn't bring up all the RECENT bullshit surrounding Hillary.  

(05-12-2016, 11:54 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Another popular Bernie myth.

Hillary does better in open primaries. She has won 12 for 20 (60%) open or semi open staes. She only won 11 of 22 (50%) closed or semi closed states. 

not accusing you of lying, but there are so many lies that are rampant among Bernie fans online. Just straight up lies regarding the election.

Lying?  I think we'd be better off asking Hillary about her 'lies' than focusing on open / closed primary bernie supporter 'lies'.  What are your thoughts on the bullshit that went down in AZ?  

I get it.  Bernie is older than the ideal candidate.  He's got a long history of saying crazy shit.  He's got weird ideas that a lot of people can't fathom because it breaks with their world view and might affect their utopian pathetic existence.  But, at least he's not hillary. Listen, peg me as suspending rational thought and focusing on my emotions, but the idea that the next best democratic candidate for POTUS just happens to be the a former first lady absolutely infuriates me.   Put all the other terrible things about hillary aside.  Think about that.  Think about the infinitesimal chances...  This is supposed to be a democracy.  And the next POTUS candidate is the wife of a former POTUS.  I abhor nepotism in all contexts.  Its the same concept that rubbed me raw with GWB.  Its like saying the best backup QB for carson just so ***** happens to be jordan...  Having this jammed down my throat over and over again is just intolerable. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Myth of Sanders' electability - Vas Deferens - 05-12-2016, 01:48 PM