Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Myth of Sanders' electability
(05-12-2016, 02:40 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Correct, the whole point of the article is Bernie's past has not been brought up. I'm glad we agree on that. 

This isn't a discussion of whether or not we think she has lied, this is a discussion of electability. When one makes the argument that he does better in open primaries, hence he'll do better with independents, that should be true. It is not. 

There are a number of legitimate arguments against Hillary, and no one is discrediting those. If you read the article, they note that Hillary may be one of the most scrutinized candidates ever prior to a general election. Everything is on the table and has been for decades. The article just states that you cannot begin to compare Bernie to her as Bernie has not been vetted the same way. This whole "Bernie clearly is the better candidate in general" argument may prove to be true AFTER he faces the same level of scrutiny that she has faced for his past, but he hasn't had to deal with that yet. 

Everyone's personal feelings towards Hillary are legitimate, but they're not going to change the fact that red flags in Bernie's past (yes, there are many) have been ignored by his opponents, but not because there's nothing there.

True.  Read the article and came away seething pissed like I do anytime I'm faced with inevitability of her candidacy.  Can we please get back to focusing on MY EMOTIONS already!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Myth of Sanders' electability - Vas Deferens - 05-12-2016, 02:47 PM