Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Myth of Sanders' electability
(05-12-2016, 03:22 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Last I heard the mason dixon line was the delineation between north and south.  I didn't say North-East.  Also he had another win in that area as well you are missing.  It appears we simply differ on how we evaluate the evidence.  But again I'll point out that you are indicating that there is only one reason for his loss in NY while I am arguing that there are others...plural...and that possibly a larger factor was the closed nature of the primary.

It isn't. As a Marylander, I can attest to that. It's merely the line used by the King to take away land from Maryland and establish the borders for MD, PA, and DE. Maryland's original colonial grant gave it control of much of Southern PA (up to the 40th parallel). 50 years later when PA was established, King Charles said that PA's southern border was MD's northern border, but used a map with an error on it and misread where MD's border was. This line just settled the issue, taking much of MD's land away so that PA could have a port city (Philly). 

If we're looking at trends, using regions is far more reliable than just saying, anything north of Maryland's north border is "the North" and is similar. the Midwest is far different from the mid Atlantic region. Even just referring to the "North", most just include the Mid-Atlantic from MD up and New England, just as the Southwest and isn't called "the South". 

I get what you're saying, though, and, yes, I shouldn't speak in absolutes for why someone lost. He lost for a wide variety of reasons beyond negative campaigning. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Myth of Sanders' electability - BmorePat87 - 05-12-2016, 04:31 PM