Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question
(05-12-2016, 11:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So what is you suggestion for a man that feels trapped in a woman's body; let him stay there? You would be against someone undergoing assignment surgery and tell them to just wear a dress, heels, and use the ladies room. 

It's none of my damn business, but I've never sat here and said people should get surgery.

I'm not going to play games with the martyr part. We've had far too many exchanges where you act like this, so I know the outcome.

Quote:I was the one that said the brain is broken and it is; to deny that is ignoring science (Remember the gray matter study and the increased rate of suicide that expert at Transadvocate cited).  As awful as many here may think it is; sometimes you must conform to society instead of society conforming to you.

Sometimes things aren't wrong because they're different from what you believe is right and wrong. Being left handed isn't wrong. Being gay isn't wrong. Being trans isn't wrong. Also, no one is asking society to conform, society just can't discriminate because it makes some people feel weird to see others live their lives in a way that doesn't harm anyone.

Quote:Kind of hard to win with this crowd. McHale cites a study that shows that Trans that have undergone surgery kills themselves much more than their peers. One who thinks McHale doesn't know what he is talking about says you can't blame that on the surgery; another says you can blame that on the surgery.

Whoa, people hold opposing views? STOP THE PRESSES!

Seriously, though, the biggest issue I had with McHale was when I read some of his interviews on why being gay was obviously a choice. He cited the fact that in rural areas, you're 4 times less likely to "be gay" and lesbians are more likely to have a college education. As a social scientist, you have to look at this and say "wait, so people who live near or work with people who are more likely to hold liberal views on accepting others are more likely to come out of the closet?". That's a no brainer. People are less likely to be open about parts of their life when those around them are unwilling to accept it? People are more likely to have regret, be depressed, and commit suicide when they're part of a group that is discriminated against, faces far more violence than other groups, and has people telling them they are wrong, immoral, and "broken"? People are more likely to contemplate and commit suicide when they undergo medical procedures that can be unsafe, leave them struggling to pay for it, and still do not produce the outcome that many hope for?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - BmorePat87 - 05-13-2016, 10:47 AM