Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmerman to auction gun used to kill Martin
(05-15-2016, 03:53 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Jurors like this one?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/25/justice/zimmerman-juror-b29-interview/

I believe that you're confusing legality with what is right and what is wrong. Anyone with any legal experience can tell you that they are not one and the same. The Tuskegee Experiments were legal. Cointelpro was legal. The Church Committee never prosecuted anyone for the crimes perpetrated during operation MK Ultra. Remember "if the glove don't fit you must acquit?"

Also, if Florida is one giant OK Corral where everyone is packing, then why didn't Martin have a gun? Also, why would Martin start a fight if this is common knowledge? There is 0 evidence that Martin initiated a physical altercation, just some evidence to suggest that he was winning at one point.

At the end of the day I truly believe that if you disobey an emergency worker to illegally stalk someone, then you should have the balls to take an ass beating for your crime as opposed to shooting an unarmed person and then crying victim. The letter of the law isn't written that way, and that's understandable. The law can't predict each and every scenario that's going to happen in real life. That being said, please don't pretend that just because something is determined to be legal at a specific time that it is also just. That is a ludicrous argument and it is easily torn to shreds.

Well stated.  I would add that the DA was influenced by media and political pressure and clearly overcharged in this case.  Second degree murder was an asinine overcharge and made it impossible to convict Zimmerman.  Even someone who thought Zimmerman was a complete asshat, like myself, wouldn't go so far as accuse him of wanting to initiate the encounter so he could kill Martin.  That's what happens when you allow outside pressure to influence your professionalism.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zimmerman to auction gun used to kill Martin - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 05-15-2016, 03:58 PM