Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Are The Steelers Ranked Ahead of Us?
(05-15-2016, 06:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Better QB than the Bengals.  
False.  At one time, Ben could have been considered better.

Ben had his 2nd most interceptions of his career last season, despite playing in only 12 games.

Dalton was having an MVP caliber season prior to his injury.

NFL quarterbacks typically start seeing a steep decline in play at age 33 or 34, which Ben's 34, and takes more hits than the average QB because of his tendency to extend plays.  He has only played all 16 games in three years.

All sources point to the Bengals having the better QB.

(05-15-2016, 06:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Better O-line than the Bengals.  Check
False.  As FootballOutsiders points out, the Bengals had the best run blocking offensive line, and the Steelers had the 8th; the Steelers had the 8th best passing line, we had the 15th, and only being ranked that high is because of Ben's ability to extend plays.  

Combining both run and pass, ProFootballFocus has the Bengals' line ranked two spots ahead of the Steelers' line.
(05-15-2016, 06:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Better RB Corps than the Bengals.  Check
If Hill learns to hang onto the ball, he could go back to being able to be argued as the top back in the league, which he was when he took over as a rookie, and Gio has an amazing change-of-pace skill set, but I agree that Bell and Williams are good, so I'll give you the very slight edge, but a compelling argument could be made for them being equal.
(05-15-2016, 06:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Best WR in the league and probably, without Bryant, equal overall WR Corps
He's the best, but Green's up there, and you're insane to think that you'll be equal without Bryant.  We have Core, who was only overlooked because of playing behind Treadwell, and Boyd, who is great talent, and then LaFell, who is consistent.  

Who else do you have?  Wheaton?  Good luck with that.  

We also have better tight ends with Eifert, Kroft, and even Uzomah.  

I was going to give you that one (receivers), but, now looking at it, I think you're full of shit (what's new, though?).
(05-15-2016, 06:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Defense is close to equal with the secondary bringing it down so edge to the Bengals there, but not even close to a big enough edge to make up for the huge talent gaps between the two offenses.
You're full of shit again.  The Steelers' D is horrible.  This website has the Steelers D ranked 26th and the Bengals D ranked 10th.  26 and 10 really isn't close.  

I actually appreciate you because you made me find more examples (proof) that the Steelers are garbage and the Bengals will be better than them this year  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Are The Steelers Ranked Ahead of Us? - BFritz21 - 05-15-2016, 07:36 PM